1. Whisk mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Set a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a plate. Dredge the skinned side of each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs (with drumsticks, dredge the meatier side) and arrange breaded-side up on the wire rack. Leave at least 1 inch between pieces.
4. Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot or let cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Tips: When using a combination of thighs, drumsticks and breasts, we recommend cutting each breast in half crosswise (before marinating) to make smaller pieces about the size of an average chicken thigh. And if you buy whole legs, be sure to separate the drumsticks and thighs. When all the pieces are about the same size, they’ll all cook at the same rate.
To make 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, trim the crusts from about 3 slices of whole-wheat bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
To Make Ahead: Marinate the chicken for up to 6 hours. Refrigerate the baked chicken for up to 1 day.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 238
- Calories from fat 63
- Total Fat 7gm 11%
- Sodium 299mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrates 14gm 5%
- Fiber 2gm 8%
- Protein 29gm
- Cholesterol 72mg 24%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.