1. Toss shrimp, tequila, orange zest, lime zest and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and some ice; let stand for 10 minutes, or until ready to use.
2. Meanwhile, make Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing.
3. Toss romaine, endive, orange segments and the drained onion in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates. Toss avocados with lime juice and divide among the salads.
4. Drain the shrimp, reserving the marinade. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saut until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide among the salads. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring; spoon over shrimp. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Tips: To juice a lime:
A lime at room temperature gives the most juice (11/2-2 tablespoons). Before juicing, roll the lime on the counter, pressing down with your hand. If the recipe calls for both zest and juice, grate the zest before squeezing the juice.
To segment an orange:
After zesting, use a small sharp knife to remove any remaining peel and all the bitter white pith. To make attractive segments, work over a bowl to catch the juice and slice between each segment and its surrounding membrane.
Related Recipe: Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 407
- Calories from fat 198
- Total Fat 22gm 34%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 12gm
- Sodium 633mg 26%
- Total Carbohydrates 22gm 7%
- Fiber 10gm 10%
- Protein 27gm
- Cholesterol 181mg 60%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.