1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden brown, shaking the pan and tossing the potatoes from time to time, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chiles and transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
2. Blend eggs, hot sauce, salt and pepper with a fork in a medium bowl. Stir in cheese, scallions, cilantro (or parsley) and the potato mixture.
3. Set a rack about 4 inches from the heat source; preheat the broiler.
4. Brush the pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and tilt to distribute evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the bottom is light golden, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, 3 to 4 minutes. Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the top is set, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Slide the omelet onto a platter and cut into wedges.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total
- Calories 342
- Calories from fat 216
- Total Fat 24gm 37%
- Saturated Fat 9gm 45%
- Monounsaturated Fat 7gm
- Sodium 753mg 31%
- Total Carbohydrates 11gm 4%
- Fiber 2gm 2%
- Protein 21gm
- Cholesterol 453mg 151%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.