- Rinse quinoa well, then pour into a medium saucepan, with 1.5 cups of water and garlic powder. Stir, bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover, simmering for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and scoop into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Stir, continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, and pour into the bowl of quinoa.
- Stir all ingredients well to combine.
- Pour ¼ cup water to the bottom of a 9 x 13” baking dish. Place your peppers, cut side up into the dish. Divide filling among the peppers. Cover the dish with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, then continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Serve peppers warm. You can drizzle them with hot sauce for some extra heat and sprinkle with fresh, chopped cilantro.
Notes: The bell peppers will be soft, but not too soft. If you would like very tender peppers, you can begin by boiling the peppers in a large pot for 5 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
For the full post, visit Love and Lentils.