1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the onion mixture. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
5. Bake the muffins until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To Make Ahead: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Serve at room temperature or reheat at 350°F. | Equipment: Mini-muffin pan with 24 (2-tablespoon) muffin cups.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 24 Total
- Calories 39
- Calories from fat 18
- Total Fat 2gm 3%
- Sodium 106mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrates 4gm 1%
- Protein 1gm
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.