½ cup granulated sugar or Splenda granular
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 large egg
⅓ cup firm silken low-fat tofu
1 Tbsp butter, softened
¼ tsp pure almond extract
3 cup mixed fresh berry
confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 1-quart gratin dish or a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan and bake until light golden and fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
3. Place sugar (or Splenda), flour, salt and almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add egg, tofu, butter and almond extract; process until smooth.
4. Spread berries evenly in the prepared gratin dish. Scrape the almond mixture over the top, spreading evenly.
5. Bake the gratin until light golden and set, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 195
- Calories from fat 63
- Total Fat 7gm 11%
- Saturated Fat 2gm 10%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm
- Sodium 49mgm 2%
- Total Carbohydrates 30gm 10%
- Fiber 4gm 4%
- Protein 4gm
- Cholesterol 40mg 13%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.