Moroccan Roasted Garlic Pesto
¼ cup fresh parsley, torn
¼ cup fresh mint, torm
½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp chashews or pistachios
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
¼ tsp pepper
1 roasted red pepper, sliced thin strips
4 oz (4 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne (use less for less heat)
⅛ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp turmeric powder
⅓ cup kalamata olives (or a mix of green and kalamata)
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup feta cheese, crumbed
¼ cup roasted cashews
- Prepare the dough 1 1/2 to 2 hours ahead of time. While the dough rises roast the garlic and make the pesto.
- Preheat oven to 375. Chop off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal cloves. Peel any excess paper/skin off from the bulb of garlic. Pour about a teaspoon of olive oil on top the garlic cloves and cover with foil and roast in a baking dish for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and soft. Allow to cool and then squeeze garlic out of the paper skin into a small bowl, set aside.
- Place the cilantro, parsley, mint, jalapeño, garlic and cashews in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until well chopped. Stream in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the feta and pulse a few more times or until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the zucchini, pepper and drained artichokes. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, the smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, and a pinch of pepper. Toss really well making sure the spices are evenly coating the veggies and there are no clumps. Set aside.
- Once the pizza dough is ready to go, divide the dough in half. Place half the dough aside for another use (or make 2 pizzas) or freeze for later. With the remaining dough roll/press into one 10 to 12 inch round circle or rectangle (you may go smaller or larger depending on how thick you want your crust). Top with as much of the pesto as desired and then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Add the veggies in an even layer. Then sprinkle on the olives and half the feta cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until your desired doneness. You may also cook this pizza on a pizza stone or using the skillet method , but I recommend cooking the veggies before hand.
- Let the pizza sit five minutes and then sprinkle with the roasted cashews and the remaining feta. Cut and serve!
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.