- Combine the chili flakes, onion, garlic, and olive oil.
- Toast the aromatics until soft.
- Add the mussels, chicken confit, white wine, butter, and coconut milk in a large pan enough to fit them in one layer.
- Bring the broth to a boil and constantly stir the mussels until they open on their own, slowly.
- Place in bowls and garnish with remaining ingredients
1 cup white wine vinegar
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup water
- Bring all ingredients up to a boil and cool.
Yield: 7 ounces chilies
olive oil, as needed
3 egg yolks
5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 ¼ oz piquillo peppers
¼ cup lime juice
1 garlic clove
1 cup olive oil
- Preheat grill to high heat. Brush the toasts liberally with olive oil and season. Grill on both sides until the bread is firm and has achieved a subtle char. Drain on paper towels and store at room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, peppers, lime juice, garlic, and emulsify the oil into the mixture. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Spread the rouille onto the toast and serve
Yield: 10 pieces toast
duck fat, as needed
10 thyme sprigs
2 heads, garlic, split crosswise
- Preheat oven to 275F if using convection or 300F if using still oven.
- Combine the ingredients and enough duck fat to cover by 1”.
- Place in oven, covered with foil, and cook until the chicken legs fall off the bone. This will take between 4-6 hours.
- Cool and shred the chicken leg meat, discarding the skin, bones, and cartilage.
Yield: 26.5 ounces