1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp orange marmalade
1 Tbsp oyster-flavored sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp chili-garlic sauce
4 tsp canola oil, divided
12 oz beef top sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 large onion, slivered (1 1/2-2 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
1 lb broccoli florets (about 4 cup)
1. Combine 1/4 cup broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, marmalade, oyster sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl; mix well.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add half the beef; stir-fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Stir-fry the remaining beef in 1 teaspoon oil; transfer to the plate.
3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the wok. Add ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, 10 to 20 seconds. Add onion; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup broth, cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Push the vegetables to the sides. Stir the sauce mixture and add it to the wok. Cook, stirring, until the sauce becomes thick and translucent. Stir the vegetables into the sauce and return the beef to the wok; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 266
- Calories from fat 99
- Total Fat 11gm
- Saturated Fat 3gm 15%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm 14%
- Sodium 412mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23gm 17%
- Fiber 5gm 8%
- Protein 20gm 5%
- Cholesterol 42mg 17%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.