1. Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
2. Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta (or bacon) and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add leeks and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the leeks have softened, 4 to 5 minutes more. Add greens and cook, stirring, until they are just beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cheese and pepper in a bowl. When the greens are just starting to wilt, pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pan. Using a spatula, carefully scrape the eggs from the edges to the middle of the pan as they cook, allowing uncooked egg to flow under, about 3 minutes. When the eggs are nearly set, place the skillet under the broiler until the top is cooked and the eggs are slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. To release the frittata from the pan, run a rubber spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tip: To clean leeks, trim and discard green tops and white roots. Split leeks lengthwise and place in plenty of water. Swish the leeks in the water to release any sand or soil. Drain. Repeat until no grit remains.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 238
- Calories from fat 135
- Total Fat 15gm 23%
- Sodium 595mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrates 9gm 3%
- Fiber 1gm 4%
- Protein 15gm
- Cholesterol 27mg 9%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.