1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil3 cup broccoli rabe, cut into4 1- to 1½-inch pieces garlic cloves, minced Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper1 ½ cup homemade Chicken Stock or good-quality canned low-sodium broth1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves4 oz fresh, creamy goat cheese, crumbled¾ lb dried whole wheat bow tie pasta or other bite-size whole-grain pasta shapes¼ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted boiling water
- In a nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli rabe, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sauté, stirring frequently, until the broccoli rabe is bright green and just beginning to turn tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Still over medium-high heat, add the stock to the pan and stir and scrape to deglaze the pan.
- Add the thyme.
- Bring the liquid to a brisk simmer.
- Add about three-quarters of the goat cheese and stir until it melts and the liquid has a creamy coating consistency.
- Cover and keep warm.
- As soon as the pot of water comes to a boil, salt the water.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente—tender but still chewy—following the manufacturer’s suggested cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the pan of sauce along with the broccoli rabe and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring gently, until all the ingredients are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among four heated serving plates or shallow pasta bowls. Sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve immediately.