½ cup sugar
3 1/4-inch-thick slices peeled fresh ginger, crushed
1 pineapple (about 3 1/2 pound), peeled, cored and cut into chunks
2 tsp lime juice
1. Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
2. Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
3. Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
4. Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 157
- Calories from fat 9
- Total Fat 1gm 2%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 5%
- Sodium 6mg
- Total Carbohydrates 38gm 13%
- Fiber 3gm 3%
- Protein 1gm
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.