1. Break each egg into a small bowl. Fill a large, straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add vinegar. Reduce to a gentle simmer: the water should be steaming and small bubbles should come up from the bottom of the pan.
2. Submerging the lip of each bowl into the simmering water, gently add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Cook for 4 minutes for soft set, 5 minutes for medium set and 8 minutes for hard set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a clean dish towel to drain for a minute.
The poaching pot is much easier to clean if it's still warm from cooking.
Food Safety Note: If salmonella is a concern in your area, be sure to cook your eggs until hard set.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 74
- Calories from fat 45
- Total Fat 5gm
- Saturated Fat 2gm 10%
- Monounsaturated Fat 2gm 70%
- Sodium 147mg
- Total Carbohydrates 0gm 8%
- Fiber 0gm
- Protein 6gm
- Cholesterol 211mg 6%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.