- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the polenta on the prepared baking sheet and bake until crispy on the bottom and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are softened and most of the liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine; bring to a boil and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the liquid until the pan is almost dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, stir in cheese and tarragon. Serve the sauce over the polenta.
Note: If you can't find fontina, substitute another melting cheese, such as Gruyère or Swiss.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 254
- Calories from fat 117
- Total Fat 13gm 20%
- Saturated Fat 6gm 30%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 517mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrates 20gm 7%
- Fiber 2gm 2%
- Protein 10gm
- Cholesterol 22mg 11%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.