canola or olive oil cooking spray
⅔ cup soft sun-dried tomatoes (see tip)
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tsp rinsed capers
1 small clove garlic, chopped
pinch of freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat broiler. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place polenta slices on the prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Broil in upper third of oven until starting to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Turn and broil until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, pulse sun-dried tomatoes, oil, parsley, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor (a mini food processor works well), scraping down the sides as needed, until coarsely chopped.
4. Transfer the polenta slices to a clean cutting board and cut each into quarters. Top each wedge of polenta with about 1/4 teaspoon of the tapenade.
Tip: For this recipe, look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boiling water for about 20 minutes, then drain and chop them before using.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate the tapenade for up to 3 days.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 48 Total
- Calories 15
- Sodium 68mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrates 2gm 1%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.