In summer, when peaches are in season, I look for every which way to prepare them. In my first cookbook, Live to Cook, I did a roasted rack of pork with grilled peaches, an impressive and delicious dish that takes considerably longer than 5 minutes to prepare. This recipe is much, much easier, but it still combines two of my favorite things: pork and peaches.
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Season both sides of the pork with salt and pepper. Dredge the pork in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Add the olive oil to the preheated pan. Add the pork to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the meat and cook until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the butter and almonds and cook until the almonds turn golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add 1⁄2 cup water and deglaze the pan, scraping with a wooden spoon to get up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, another 1 minute. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peaches, vinegar, and parsley. Serve immediately.