This is eggs and hash browns so there really isn’t much to say about flavor that hasn’t been said before. I’m a fan of this type of breakfast.
If you’re wanting to take the time to babysit the potato coins while they cook, this is a beautiful dish to serve guests and anyone else you want to impress because it tastes good and looks wonderful.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- Add potato slices, onion and salt; saute 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Saute 6 additional minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally, adding garlic during last 1 minute of cooking time. Remove from heat; stir in thyme and next three ingredients (through pepper)
- Remove potato mixture from pan; keep warm.
- Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add eggs to pan, cook 1 minute or until whites are just set around edges. Carefully turn eggs over; cook 1 minute or until whites are set.
- Serve immediately with potatoes. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 egg and ½ cup potatoes)
Recipe from Cooking Light’s Real Family Food Cookbook
Read more from Taking on Magazines.