Crispy potato rösti stacked with bacon, fried eggs and topped with a deep red tomato and chilli relish. You could of course poach the eggs as well but I’ve found that poaching more than two eggs exhausts me so I prefer to just fry them and get it over with. I love how the yolk, once broken, oozes it’s way down the rösti and bacon, settling into all the little nooks and crannies. Delighful! Serve with fresh orange juice and weekend newspapers for the perfect start to a weekend.
Tomato and Chilli Relish
- To make the relish, pre-heat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Place all the ingredients for the relish in a small roasting tray and place in the oven. Allow to roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked and starting to darken around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and break the tomatoes up with a spoon. Place in a container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
½ onion, grated
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
- To make the rösti, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry spoonfuls of the rösti mixture until crisp and golden.
- To serve, stack the cooked rösti with the cooked bacon. Top with a fried egg and serve with the tomato and chili relish.
Read more from Simply Delicious.