½ cup silvered almonds, toasted (see tip)
1 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 Tbsp cold reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 11-inch round or 8-by-12-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
2. To prepare crust: Combine flour, almonds, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely ground. Add butter one piece at a time, and then cream cheese by the tablespoonful, pulsing once or twice after each addition, until incorporated. Turn the dough out into the prepared pan (it will be crumbly), spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom and all the way up the sides to form a crust.
3. Bake the crust until set but not browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
¾ cup sugar
2 Tbsp dark rum
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp egg
3 large egg
1 cup unsweetened coconut chip
4. To prepare filling: Beat pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, rum, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in coconut milk. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and pour in the filling.
5. Bake the tart until the filling is just set (the center may still appear soft, but will become more solid as it cools), 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Serve room temperature or refrigerate until chilled. Remove the pan sides before slicing. Garnish with coconut, if desired.
Ingredient note: White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour. Available in large supermarkets and in natural-foods stores. Store in the freezer.
Tip: Place slivered almonds in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Ingredient note: Large thin flakes of dried coconut called coconut chips make attractive garnishes. Find them in the produce section of large supermarkets or at melissas.com.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the crust (Step 2), wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Cover and refrigerate the cooled tart for up to 1 day. | Equipment: 11-inch round or 8-by-12-inch rectangular removable-bottom pan
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 10 Total
- Calories 259
- Calories from fat 108
- Total Fat 12gm 18%
- Sodium 164mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrates 33gm 11%
- Fiber 3gm 12%
- Protein 6gm
- Cholesterol 80mg 27%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.