2 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 6-mold mini Bundt pan with cooking spray. Coat the molds with 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil and lemon zest in another large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each mold. (You will use half the batter.)
- Bake the doughnuts until puffed and browned, 14 to 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and invert the doughnuts onto a wire rack.
- Clean the pan, and coat it with cooking spray and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining batter. Serve the same day.
To Make Ahead: Hold at room temperature for 6 hours; Equipment: 6-mold mini Bundt pan