I like this coffee cake because it has a moist and light texture… and it’s PINK!
Slightly adapted from Cora Lynn Wilson (more vanilla, raspberry jam instead of seedless preserves) Serves: 9 square pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
- Dollop jam on top and then swirl through batter with a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice into squares and serve.
For the full post, visit Garnish & Glaze.