2 Tbsp apple juice
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
⅛ tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
2 apple, preferably Fuji, peeled and cut into wedges
2 tsp plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
¼ cup chopped walnut
3 cup baby spinach or torn spinach leaves
3 cup torn Boston lettuce
3 cup torn curly endive
⅓ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare dressing: Whisk vinegar, apple juice, 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. To roast apples & prepare salad: Toss apples with 2 teaspoons oil and thyme in a medium bowl; spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once or twice, until the apples are soft and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard fresh thyme, if using. Let cool.
4. While the apples are roasting, toast walnuts in a small baking pan until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
5. Just before serving, combine spinach, lettuce and endive in a large bowl; toss gently to mix. Divide the greens among 6 plates, drizzle with dressing and top with cheese, roasted apples and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 191
- Calories from fat 126
- Total Fat 14gm 22%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 173mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrates 14gm 5%
- Fiber 4gm 16%
- Protein 4gm
- Cholesterol 13mg 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.