- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare dressing: Whisk vinegar, apple juice, 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To roast apples & prepare salad: Toss apples with 2 teaspoons oil and thyme in a medium bowl; spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once or twice, until the apples are soft and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard fresh thyme, if using. Let cool.
- While the apples are roasting, toast walnuts in a small baking pan until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Just before serving, combine spinach, lettuce and endive in a large bowl; toss gently to mix. Divide the greens among 6 plates, drizzle with dressing and top with cheese, roasted apples and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 2) for up to 1 week.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 191
- Calories from fat 126
- Total Fat 14gm 22%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 173mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrates 14gm 5%
- Fiber 4gm 16%
- Protein 4gm
- Cholesterol 13mg 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.