3 lb medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tsp salt, divided
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
⅓ cup plain non-fat yogurt
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
freshly ground pepper to taste
4 hard-boiled egg, peeled (see tip)
1 cup chopped celery
¾ cup chopped olives
1 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos, rinsed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives or scallion greens, plus more for garnish
paprika for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Rub off excess papery skin from the garlic heads without separating cloves. Slice the tips off each head, exposing the cloves. Place garlic heads on a square of aluminum foil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water and pinch edges of foil together to make a package. Roast until garlic flesh is very soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap garlic and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain well; transfer to a large bowl. Toss gently with the vinegar and let cool.
4. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the pulp into a food processor or blender. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
5. Add the dressing to the potatoes and toss to coat. Finely chop 3 eggs and add to the potatoes along with the celery, olives, pimientos, parsley and chopped chives (or scallion greens). Stir gently to mix. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the paprika. Slice the remaining egg and arrange the slices decoratively on top. Garnish with more chives and/or parsley sprigs.
Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 10 Total
- Calories 207
- Calories from fat 45
- Total Fat 5gm 8%
- Sodium 580mg 24%
- Total Carbohydrates 33gm 11%
- Fiber 3gm 12%
- Protein 7gm
- Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.