4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil, divided
½ cup finely chopped shallot
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp butter
2 tsp butter
1 Tbsp capers, rinsed
2 lb Pacific halibut or other firm-fleshed fish (see ingredient note), cut into 8 pieces
¼ tsp salt
1 16-ounce jar sliced pickled beets, drained and diced
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To make breadcrumbs, grate bread through the large holes of a box grater; place the crumbs in a small bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons oil.
3. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring gently; remove from the heat and add butter. Swirl the pan, letting the butter melt and slightly thicken the sauce. Stir in capers.
4. Sprinkle fish with salt and place in the prepared baking dish. Pour the pan sauce over the fish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
5. Bake the fish until it is opaque in the center, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve each portion topped with about 3 tablespoons pickled beets.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 207
- Calories from fat 54
- Total Fat 6gm 9%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 5%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm
- Sodium 221mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrates 12gm 4%
- Fiber 1gm 1%
- Protein 25gm
- Cholesterol 39mg 13%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.