1 cup hot water
2 cup loosely packed mint leaves (about 1 bunch)
1 tsp orange zest
½ cup orange juice
2 Tbsp honey
4 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp salt, or to taste
freshly ground pepper to taste
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (10 cup)
6 fresh apricots or plums, pitted and cut into wedges
1 cup loosely packed mint leaves (about 1/2 bunch), roughly chopped
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted (see tip)
1. Preheat grill.
2. To prepare marinade & dressing: Soak dried apricots in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and transfer apricots to a food processor. Add 2 cups mint, orange zest, orange juice, honey, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. With the motor running, gradually drizzle in oil. Reserve 1 cup for the dressing.
3. To prepare salad: Transfer the remaining marinade to a large sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Lightly oil the grill rack (hold a piece of oil-soaked paper towel with tongs and rub it over the grate). Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center, 6 to 8 minutes per side. (Discard the marinade.)
5. Meanwhile, combine lettuce, apricot (or plum) wedges and chopped mint in a large bowl. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates. Slice the chicken and arrange over the salads. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Tip: To toast almonds: Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F until golden brown and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Toasted almonds will keep, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 456
- Total Fat 20gm 31%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 15%
- Monounsaturated Fat 13gm
- Sodium 433mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrates 33gm 11%
- Fiber 10gm 10%
- Protein 34gm
- Cholesterol 66mg 22%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.