1. Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula or spoon, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Place bell pepper, mushrooms and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Spread sauce evenly over the crust. Top with the sausage, pepper and mushrooms and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Ingredient note: Look for balls of whole-wheat pizza dough, fresh or frozen, at your supermarket. Choose a brand without hydrogenated oils.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 289
- Calories from fat 54
- Total Fat 6gm 9%
- Sodium 705mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrates 37gm 12%
- Fiber 3gm 12%
- Protein 16gm
- Cholesterol 28mg 9%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.