1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in prosciutto and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk flour, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until blended.
4. Fold the onion mixture and buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until evenly moistened. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake the muffins until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
To Make Ahead: Prepare Steps 2 & 3, keeping the onion mixture, dry and wet ingredients separate; cover and refrigerate for up 1 day. Continue with Step 4 just before baking.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total
- Calories 149
- Calories from fat 54
- Total Fat 6gm 9%
- Sodium 357mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrates 18gm 6%
- Fiber 2gm 8%
- Protein 5gm
- Cholesterol 44mg 15%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.