Savory Pumpkin Pie Soup
8 oz diced onion
4 oz diced celery
4 oz diced leeks, white only
2 Tbsp thinly sliced garlic
2 oz unsalted butter
1 gal water
½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
Salt to taste
- Sweat the onions, garlic, celery and leeks in a pot with butter until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, water and sachet and simmer until all flavors are infused and vegetables are tender.
- Remove sachet and strain the solids reserving the liquid.
- Puree the solids with enough liquid to achieve desired consistency.
- Season soup with nutmeg and salt.
2 whole star anise
1 cinnamon stick
2 allspice berry
5 black peppercorn
1 oz fresh ginger root
1 egg white
7 oz sugar
1 ¾ Tbsp water
1 ¾ Tbsp liquid glucose
3 cinnamon stick
7 oz powdered sugar
1 ¾ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Bloom gelatin in ice water
- Combine the glucose, water, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and heat to 238 degrees.
- Remove the gelatin from the ice water and carefully melt over low heat.
- In a standing mixer, whip egg white to stiff peaks and slowly add the syrup.
- Once all the syrup incorporated and the meringue is fluffy add the melted gelatin.
- Dust a parchment paper lined 1/4 sheet tray with 50 grams of powdered sugar and pour the meringue onto the pan, gently tapping it to release any air bubbles.
- Combine the remaining powdered sugar with the cinnamon powder and dust the top of the marshmallow.
- Allow to cool and cut with a ring cutters or any other desired shape.