¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 oz whole-wheat angel hair pasta
½ cup white wine
½ cup clam juice
2 tsp cornstarch
¼ cup chopped garlic
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp caper, rinsed and chopped
2 tsp butter
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Whisk wine, clam juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, capers and butter; cook until the butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.
Ingredient Note: We prefer cooking with "dry" sea scallops (not treated with sodium tripolyphosphate, or STP). Scallops that have been treated with STP ("wet" scallops) have been subjected to a chemical bath and are not only mushy and less flavorful, but will not brown properly.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 387
- Calories from fat 63 10%
- Total Fat 7gm 11%
- Saturated Fat 2gm 14%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm 19%
- Sodium 465mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrates 50gm
- Fiber 7gm
- Protein 28gm
- Cholesterol 42mg 17%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.