Chili is a wonderful meal to make for any occasion as it is high in fiber, filling and goes a long way. I chose to make this version using Italian beer as the base; as well as a lean ground beef (90/10), but you can also substitute ground turkey or chicken in it's place.
The beer with the addition of fire roasted tomatoes gave this chili a wonderful flavor. It's also a great dish to serve when having guests as it can keep warm in the slow cooker so they can help themselves. Serve it 'as-is', over rice or egg noodles or use it top hot dogs, burgers or nachos.
- In a large, nonstick frying pan brown the ground beef; then add the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Saute until the vegetables start to soften; then add the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and beer and mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Read more from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.
Provided by: Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 238
- Total Fat 6.6g
- Total Carbohydrates 22.9g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 19.6g
- Sugars 6.2g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.