1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. Place meat, rice, cheese, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, paprika, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Gently combine, without overmixing, until evenly incorporated. Form into 4 equal patties, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
3. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, relish and horseradish in a small bowl.
4. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155°F, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
5. Assemble the burgers on buns with the barbecue mayonnaise sauce, tomato and onion.
Tips: Be sure to plan ahead for cooking the wild rice”it takes 40 to 50 minutes. To cut down on cooking time, look for "quick" wild rice a whole-grain rice that cooks in less than 30 minutes”or "instant" wild rice that's done in 10 minutes or less.
To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 434
- Calories from fat 171
- Total Fat 19gm 29%
- Saturated Fat 7gm 35%
- Monounsaturated Fat 2gm
- Sodium 721mg 30%
- Total Carbohydrates 36gm 12%
- Fiber 5gm 5%
- Protein 29gm
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.