This soup is served all winter long in the south of France and every cook has their own special version. Here's mine; it is my family's favorite!
- Chop onions and leeks into small pieces of equal size
- Warm olive oil in a large stock pot over medium low heat
- Sweat the onions and leeks for 10 minutes until onions are translucent and leeks are tender
- Chop zucchini, carrots and celery into quarter inch pieces, cut the green beans into pea sized pieces
- Add to the onions along with salt and pepper
- Cover and sweat down for 15 minutes
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock; cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the white beans and simmer for 10 minutes
½ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Pulse blend the basil, garlic Parmesan, pine nuts and ¼ C. olive oil
- Drizzle more olive oil as needed while pulse blending until you have a soft paste
- Stir pesto into the soup and serve with extra grated Parmesan or put the pesto in a bowl and have everyone add their own.
Read more from KC in the Kitchen.