- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, corn, garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Fresh Tomato Salsa, if using. (Recipe Below)
- Add pumpkin, cheese, wheat germ, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper to the onion mixture; mix well. With dampened hands, form the vegetable mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stack tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes to heat through. (Alternatively, stack tortillas between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.)
- Using 2 teaspoons oil per batch, cook 2 to 4 patties at a time in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Adjust heat as necessary for even browning. Wrap the patties in tortillas and serve immediately, garnished with lettuce and Fresh Tomato Salsa, if desired.
Related Recipe: Fresh Tomato Salsa
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 331
- Calories from fat 117
- Total Fat 13gm 20%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 7gm
- Sodium 638mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrates 45gm 15%
- Fiber 6gm 6%
- Protein 12gm
- Cholesterol 8mg 3%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.