1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes and cook until thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in parsley and salt.
4. Serve the sauce over the pasta, sprinkled with cheese.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Tip: The recipe makes enough for 8 servings. If you’re serving only four for dinner, cook 8 ounces of spaghetti and freeze the leftover sauce.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 384
- Total Fat 9gm 14%
- Sodium 416mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrates 52gm 17%
- Fiber 10gm 40%
- Protein 28gm
- Cholesterol 48mg 16%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.