1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, garlic and pimentos. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Stir in oregano, pepper and saffron. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Pour in broth and sherry, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Bring to a simmer.
5. Add mussels and stir to combine. Return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the mussels open, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir; discard any unopened mussels before serving.
Tip: To debeard a mussel, hold the mussel in one hand. Firmly pull out the black fibrous "beard" from the shell.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total
- Calories 371
- Calories from fat 90
- Total Fat 10gm 15%
- Saturated Fat 2gm 10%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 619mg 26%
- Total Carbohydrates 39gm 13%
- Fiber 7gm 7%
- Protein 27gm
- Cholesterol 48mg 16%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.