1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine lamb, turkey, breadcrumbs, egg white, 1/2 cup onion, half the garlic, 2 tablespoons mint, coriander, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gently mix to combine. Shape into 48 little meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining 1/2 cup onion and cook, stirring, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic, wine, cayenne and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer over medium-low heat until the wine has reduced significantly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, return to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
5. Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs, trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor into coarse crumbs. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Just before serving, reheat over medium-low.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total
- Calories 183
- Calories from fat 72
- Total Fat 8gm 12%
- Sodium 243mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrates 13gm 4%
- Fiber 2gm 8%
- Protein 14gm
- Cholesterol 37mg 12%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.