2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground allspice
4 whole-wheat bun, split
8 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- To prepare pickled onions: Whisk vinegar, brown sugar, salt and allspice in a medium glass bowl. Microwave on High until the mixture boils, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, bring the mixture to a boil in a small saucepan on the stove.) Add onions and toss to coat.
- To prepare burgers: Preheat grill to high. Place turkey in a medium bowl and gently mix in cilantro, cumin, ground chipotle, salt and allspice until distributed throughout the meat. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Brush with oil.
- Grill the burgers until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, toast buns on the grill, if desired.
- Drain the onions, discarding the marinade. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise on each bun; top with a burger and pickled onions.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 309
- Calories from fat 108 15%
- Total Fat 12gm 18%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 22%
- Monounsaturated Fat 1gm 31%
- Sodium 738mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrates 27gm
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 26gm
- Cholesterol 65mg 9%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.