These tacos are really easy to make and only require one pan for cooking. The thing that takes the longest is prepping the vegetables... and even that only takes about 5-10 minutes! All in all I had lunch prepped and cooked within 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, chives, lime juice and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside to marry.
1 small white onion (about 1 cup), diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
15 oz cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
6 cup baby spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
⅓ cup queso fresco, crumbled
6 white whole wheat tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory Mini Soft Wraps. 50 cal. each.)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium - medium-high heat and add in the onion. Sauté for a few minutes to cook through.
- Once the onions are starting to turn translucent, add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute until lightly browning.
- Stir the beans into the pan and cook for a minute or two.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Finally add in the spinach and allow to cook until starting to wilt and the beans are completely heated.
- Warm the tortillas and top each with 1/3 c. of the spinach and beans, followed by about 3 tbsp. of the pico and a sprinkling of 1 tbsp. queso fresco.
- Serve warm right away and enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: The Skinny Fork
Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total
- Calories 308.4
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Sodium 690.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 44.9 g
- Fiber 22.4 g
- Protein 21.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.