1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare chicken: Combine yogurt, garlic, oil and tarragon in a large bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the bowl; turn to coat. Place the chicken in a baking dish and cover completely with the yogurt mixture.
3. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Thinly slice the chicken when cool enough to handle.
Creamy Blue cheese-tarragon dressing
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
1 freshly ground pepper to taste
4. To prepare dressing: Mash blue cheese, oil, vinegar, tarragon and honey together in a medium bowl with a fork until well combined. For a creamier dressing, add yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
1 head radicchio, cored and very thinly sliced
½ arugula or mixed baby greens
1 cup walnuts (see tips) and chopped
5. To assemble salad: Gently toss lettuce, radicchio and arugula (or mixed greens) in a large bowl. Divide the greens among 4 plates, top with equal portions of the chicken, spoon 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad and sprinkle with walnuts.
Tips: Thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk. Because the whey has been removed, you can cook with Greek yogurt without the normal separation that occurs when cooking with regular yogurt.
To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 421
- Calories from fat 261
- Total Fat 29gm 45%
- Sodium 487mg 20%
- Total Carbohydrates 9gm 3%
- Fiber 2gm 8%
- Protein 21gm
- Cholesterol 73mg 24%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.