Sriracha lovers will devour these spicy, crispy chicken wings. Feel free to dial up or down the heat, depending on your comfort level.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Stir in the Sriracha, tomato sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the oil to about 375°. Fry the chicken wings in small batches until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Shake off any excess oil and place on paper towels to drain. Continue frying the chicken in batches until all of the wings are cooked.
- Toss the wings in the Sriracha sauce and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Serve warm.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Image Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu