Here's a healthy dinner on the go, an easy sandwich you can pack up and take in the car when you're rushing the kids off to soccer or band. It's also a quick favorite when the adults just want to hang aout on the deck on Saturday night with a pitcher of sangria on the side.
1. Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
2. Whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place steak in a shallow dish and pour half the dressing over it. Let marinate at room temperature, turning once, for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the salad by adding lettuce, cucumber and tomato to the remaining dressing in the bowl; toss to coat.
4. Transfer the meat to a broiling pan. Broil for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until it reaches desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest for 3 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain. Mix the meat with the salad and fill each pita. Serve immediately.
Tip: Warm pitas on the bottom rack of the oven while the steak is broiling.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 410
- Calories from fat 144
- Total Fat 16gm 25%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 15%
- Monounsaturated Fat 8gm
- Sodium 534mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrates 37gm 12%
- Fiber 6gm 6%
- Protein 33gm
- Cholesterol 74mg 25%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.