1 can 14-ounce reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 14- to 16-ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped, if desired
1 ½ cup skim milk
½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 ½ cup shredded colby-jack or cheddar cheese
1. Place noodles in a large skillet. Pour broth over the noodles. Layer chicken, then broccoli over the noodles.
2. Whisk milk, mayonnaise, flour, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the broccoli.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the noodles and chicken are cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
5. When the casserole is done, sprinkle cheese on top and broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 446
- Calories from fat 135
- Total Fat 15gm 23%
- Sodium 662mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrates 41gm 14%
- Fiber 6gm 24%
- Protein 33gm
- Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.