We call these Sunshine Muffins because they are filled with sun dried tomatoes! I'm just wild about muffins these days; not sure why but I can't get enough of them. Savory muffins with a variety of cheeses and veggies seem to enhance every variety of main dishes. From Valbonne France to Malibu California, international or American regional, muffins fill your home with the most wonderful aroma and definitely bring a smile to your table.
I always use buttermilk in muffins; it makes your muffins light and spongy. Never worry if you don't have buttermilk in your fridge; you can make substitute buttermilk in 10 minutes! Just measure out one cup milk and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes; voila you have your buttermilk!
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, sun dried tomatoes, and chopped spinach
- In a separate bowl mix well the flour, salt, bacon and cheese
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and gently mix JUST until blended. About 15 strokes should be enough!
- Coat muffins tins with non stick spray and fill 3/4 full
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Read more from KC in the Kitchen.