Unlike my Dad’s three cheese or bacon and Swiss quiche, this uses mostly egg whites, unsweetened almond milk, and tons of veggies. It calls for a thinly-sliced Yukon Gold potato crust, but I used sweet potatoes instead, which remind me of the sweetness of the crust in my Dad’s recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray and arrange potato slices in thin, overlapping layers, along the bottom and sides of the dish. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 325.
- Saute onion over medium heat until translucent, then add mushrooms and cook softened until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes total). Remove from heat and quickly stir in spinach until wilted.
- Combine eggs and milk, whisking well. Layer spinach mixture over prepared crust, then pour on egg mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the center is just wobbly. Let cool and serve.
Read more from Live and Love To Eat.