The French may scoff at our vegetarian take on the classic, but they’re missing out! Sweet potato rounds are roasted and served over a bed of greens, green beans, tomatoes, and cucumber with a chickpea-lemon dressing. Bon appetit!
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the onion and cucumber. Peel and slice the sweet potato into ½ inch slices. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Mince the parsley and garlic.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, until cooked through and slightly caramelized.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water. Cook for about 2 minutes, until crisp-tender and drain.
- To make the dressing: Take ¼ of the chickpeas and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Add Dijon mustard, garlic, parsley, the juice of ½ the lemon, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Finish: Arrange the greens on a plate with the green beans, tomatoes, cucumber, remaining chickpeas, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper and the remaining lemon juice. Top with the roasted sweet potatoes and olives. Drizzle with the chickpea-lemon dressing.