1. Place bulgur and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add boiling water and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and let soak until tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Place a fine-mesh nonstick grill topper on the grill to heat.
3. Place zucchini, onions, portobellos and tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender, turning once or twice. Allow 8 to 10 minutes for zucchini and onions, 6 to 8 minutes for mushrooms, and 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes.
4. Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the zucchini, onions and mushrooms. Cut the tomatoes in half.
5. When the bulgur is tender, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, parsley and mint; toss to mix. Add the vegetables and toss. Sprinkle with walnuts.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 167
- Calories from fat 81
- Total Fat 9gm 14%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 5%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 236mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrates 22gm 7%
- Fiber 6gm 6%
- Protein 5gm
- Cholesterol 0mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.