- At least 8 hours before serving or the night before, prepare the Tandoor. In a small bowl, stir together the Curry Powder, chile powder or hot paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin, sweet paprika, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom.
2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup fresh lime juice
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp Kashmiri chile powder or hot paprika
4 cup baby arugula leaves
1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly shaved
8 red radishes, trimmed and thinly shaved
- Lightly season the salmon fillets with 1½ tablespoons of the Tandoori Seasonings. Put them in a nonreactive bowl, cover, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, ginger, oil, coriander, salt, chile powder or paprika, turmeric, and 2 tablespoons more of the Tandoori Seasonings. (Store any remaining Tandoori Seasonings in a small airtight container in the pantry for another use. It will keep for several months.)
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the salmon fillets, turn them to coat, cover the dish, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cook the Salmon: Preheat an outdoor grill, a nonstick stovetop ridged grill pan, a countertop electric ridged grill, or the
broiler. Grill or broil the salmon until nicely browned on both sides but still moist inside, 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Assemble the dish: While the salmon is cooking, in a large bowl, toss together the arugula, fennel, and radishes. Arrange beds of this salad on individual serving plates. Spread a bed of the Marinated Lentils on top of the salad on each plate. Place a grilled salmon fillet on top of each bed of lentils. Garnish each plate with some Cucumber Raita, passing the rest at the table. Drain the Pickled Cippolini Onions and scatter them on top of the salmon. Serve immediately.
Marinated Green Lentil Salad
1 cup dried green lentils, sorted and rinsed
1 medium yellow onion, cut into large chunks, plus ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 medium carrot, cut into large chunks
1 celery stalk, cut into large chunks
1 tsp plus ½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp sugar
½ Japanese cucumber, cut into ¼-inch dice
- As soon as the salmon is marinating, prepare the Marinated Green Lentil Salad. In a large saucepan, combine the lentils, large chunks of onion, carrot, celery, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Add cold water to cover by several inches. Bring to a boil over high heat; then, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 45 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Pick out and discard the onion, carrot, and celery chunks. Transfer the lentils to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, vinegar, honey, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and sugar. Fold in the diced cucumber and finely chopped onion. Stir the mixture into the lentils. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Pickled Cippolini Onions
1 slice fresh ginger
4 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Fresno chile pepper or other hot or medium-hot fresh chile, thinly sliced crosswise (with seeds)
5 cippolini onions, very thinly sliced crosswise into rings
- At least 3 hours before serving time, or up to the night before, prepare the Pickled Cippolini Onions. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the vinegar, ginger, sugar, salt, chile, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Place the onions in a nonreactive bowl. Stir in the vinegar mixture. Set aside until the liquid has cooled to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate. Leave the onions marinating in the liquid until serving time.
¼ red onion
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp curry powder
2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Up to 1 hour before cooking the salmon, prepare the Cucumber Raita. In a blender, combine the cucumber, onion, honey, and Curry Powder. Blend until smoothly pureed. Add the cilantro
- and mint and pulse until smoothly blended. Add the yogurt and pulse 2 or 3 times, just until blended. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
Provided by: Wolfgang Puck Makes It Healthy
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 498
- Calories from fat 45
- Total Fat 5.05g
- Saturated Fat 1.20g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.75g
- Sodium 296mg
- Total Carbohydrates 82.98
- Fiber 24.27g
- Protein 34.52g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Sugars 35.27g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.