1 tsp salt, divided
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground turmeric
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 14-ounce packages extra-firm or firm water-packed tofu, drained
⅔ cup scallion
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small bowl. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, lime juice and the spice mixture; cook, stirring, until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
3. Slice each tofu block crosswise into 6 slices; pat dry. Use about 3 tablespoons of the spiced oil to brush both sides of the tofu slices; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. (Reserve the remaining spiced oil.)
4. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the tofu until it has grill marks and is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Combine yogurt with the reserved spiced oil in a small bowl. Serve the grilled tofu with the yogurt sauce, garnished with scallions (or cilantro), if desired.
Kitchen Tip: To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 173
- Total Fat 13gm 20%
- Sodium 419mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrates 6gm 2%
- Fiber 2gm 8%
- Protein 12gm
- Cholesterol 1mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.