3 tsp toasted sesame oil divided
1 lb pork tenderloin trimmed of fat, cut into thin strips
2 medium shallots thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
2 stalks celery thinly sliced
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp cornstarch
1. Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from tangelos in long strips. Cut the strips lengthwise into very thin pieces. Cut the tangelos in half and squeeze enough juice from them to get 1/2 cup.
2. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in 2 teaspoons oil, then add pork and cook, stirring, until just cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan along with shallots, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper and the zest. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bell peppers and celery and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tangelo juice and soy sauce; bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Whisk vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl, then pour it into the pan along with the pork and its juices. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and bubbling and the pork is heated through, about 1 minute.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 226
- Calories from fat 72
- Total Fat 8gm 12%
- Saturated Fat 2gm 10%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm
- Sodium 329mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrates 16gm 5%
- Fiber 3gm 3%
- Protein 25gm
- Cholesterol 63mg 21%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.