Sweet, spicy and peanutty vegetarian Thai pizza. The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and the best homemade pizza crust.
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast and honey. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 1/2 cups flour and olive oil stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work the additional 1/2 cup flour in to the dough, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. You can also do all the mixing and kneading in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, plus more for sprinkling
½ cup peanut butter
5 Tbsp coconut milk
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
3 tsp sambal oelek
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp hot chile oil
1 Tbsp freshly minced ginger
2 clove garlic, minced
1 head cauliflower, chopped into bit size pieces
2 red bell peppers, julienned
4 green onion, sliced for garnish
chopped peanut, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the pizza dough is ready to go dived the dough in half. Place half the dough aside for another use or freeze for later. With the remaining dough roll/press into two medium size round pizzas (I like to divide my dough in half (again) and make two medium pizza's rather than one large. I find the the pizzas cook better at a smaller size.). They do not have to be perfect! Roll the dough as thin as possible or until you reach your desired thickness.
- Spread the sweet asian chili sauce all over the pizza dough leaving about a half inch border for the crust. Add the mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter through the garlic. Toss the cauliflower in the peanut sauce. Using a fork remove the cauliflower and distribute evenly atop the pizzas. Reserve any remaining sauce for drizzling.
- Scatter the red peppers on top and drizzle with any remaining peanut sauce. If desired sprinkle with a handful more of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30- 35 minutes or until your desired doneness. Sprinkle with green onions and chopped peanuts.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.